Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Week #15


Well. I don't even know where to start. During the week I keep post it notes where I jot down a note of something I want to say to you all when I email home. Today I have three post it notes FULL of things to say... front and back. So I probably won't get to all of them. But I'll try. 

Wednesday morning I had my first Zone Conference. It was a really fantastic meeting, and was what I needed to help me focus and want to work hard. President spoke about how he knows that we can double our baptisms, and to do that we need to double our finding. So we talked about how we can double our finding. We also talked a lot about exercising our faith to find people. And just know that God has people prepared out there for us. It was cool. We have a goal this week to find 10 new investigators. That's a lot... especially because we are in the Visitors'  Center. But we are going to work hard and we know that we'll find them. 


The rest of the pageant was so good. It's seriously exhausting. So exhausting. We went to bed after midnight every night, and then we technically were supposed to be able to not wake up until 7:30 each morning, but we had meetings practically every morning this week. It was a busy week. Wednesday morning we had zone conference, Thursday morning, Elder Stephen B. Allen, the Managing Director of the Missionary Department, came to the Visitors' Center and gave us sisters a special training. It was seriously so incredible. He really helped us remember that when people come into the VC we need to follow the spirit in knowing how to help them. He is so awesome. It was such a fantastic meeting. He had also come down to see the Easter pageant and evaluate how that is doing. He had apparently come into one of my theaters the night before (I had NO idea) and he complimented me on my Spanish. Which is kind of funny because that night I had been talking to this couple that came in speaking Spanish. I asked them where they are from and they said Leon "something" (which is a state in Central Mexico). But it totally sounded like Liahona Cuatro, which is the Ward I am in. So I was like, "Me too!" And I was like, "Wait I thought you guys weren't members..."  I was so confused. And they were too... after we figured the confusion out they thought it was weird that I was from Mexico and my Spanish isn't great... haha what a good life I have. 



Saturday morning we had a VC prep meeting. We have them once a week where we have training and announcements about what is going on that week in the VC. Also they feed us breakfast. haha. Well you guys are totally going to laugh at this... but apparently every once in a while the VC hires a professionally photographer to come in and take pictures of the VC sisters. So we took individuals, companionship and everyone together pictures. It was funny... I was like only in a VC. I should be getting copies of them that I can send home. haha. 


Saturday night was the last night of the pageant and it was like WOW I made it through.. but also kind of sad watching them take everything down! All the chairs and everything. The grass is seriously dead but sister McKee said that they will just replace it this week. Sunday was Easter! It was a fun day. We went to a park with a family from our ward for dinner. It was actually really good food... but when we were done eating they pulled out all of these water guns and had a water fight. We were like, "We are missionaries!"  But they didn't seem to care. We got soaked. And then the grandpa filled his water gun with lemonade and started spraying us. It was awesome... I was wearing a super nice dress.. but decided not to get annoyed and it's currently at the dry cleaners, haha. 


Yesterday was our P-day and we had a zone activity. I was exhausted and didn't really want to go, but we did it to support the zone. We woke up at 4:40am and drove two hours to this hike called 4 peaks. It was a five hour hike. Which was really fun... but actually kind of scary and a little dangerous. We had members with us that had hiked it tons before... so that was good... but it was more like straight up rock climbing without harnesses at some points. Some of the Elders didn't climb all the way to the top because they didn't feel good about it, but some of us did. I'm actually pretty proud I made it. haha. Anyways... we didn't get home until 4pm so it totally killed our P-day, and that is why I'm emailing today (we have President's permission!) Oh, but mom you will be so proud of me.. I am the only missionary that wore sunscreen! I offered it to everyone else but they were all, " Oh we don't need it..." and I'm the only one not burned. haha. Awesome!


This morning we went over to an Hermana's house that is in our ward. She just had a miscarriage-her fifth. We went to do service and clean her house, but it was just so sad. She was just crying and asking what she's doing wrong and why Heavenly Father is doing this to her. It was heartbreaking. Seriously. I didn't even know what to say to her. Why do things like this happen every week?

I have so many other things that happened but I can't even touch on them. I'm pretty out of time. Sorry.


Love you all,Hermana Larson


No comments:

Post a Comment