Friday, November 23, 2012

Week #42


Hey everyone! How was Halloween for everyone! I heard about some fun stories from all the grandkids from the parents... but I want to see some pictures of all the kids in their costumes! Sounds so fun!
 
Our Halloween here was pretty fun! President Ellsworth received word from SLC that they didn't want the missionaries out proselyting for safety reasons. So we were inside from 6pm and on. We spend 6-8 "studying" but mostly answering the door to trick or treaters! We didn't have any candy... (we didn't really even think about that!) but I had a bunch of spider rings that Julie had sent me (thanks girl :] ) so we passed those out with a mormon.org card. It was so fun to be there doing it with Sister Sordes and Sister Sanchez from France and from Spain because they don't really celebrate Halloween in the same way that we do and they LOVED answering the door for the trick or treaters. They asked us so many questions about what we were "supposed to do" whenever the trick or treaters came. I loved it. And then at 8pm we turned the lights out and had our own Halloween party! haha. We each came up with a game and played it. My game--we hung bread (I didnt' really have any other food.. haha) from the ceiling and tried to see who could eat it the fastest w/out hands. It was silly... but hilarious. I have some pictures. Sister Sordes even dressed up in an African dress that one of her investigators had given her a while back. It was a fun night.
 
Our investigator, Lupita is doing SO good. I think I told you that last week we set a date with her. On Monday night we went over to her house because her son was turning 16. So we brought some brownies and sang to him. Well when we got there her other son who is 22 and got baptized a month ago started talking to us and was so excited. He said, "Did my mom tell you that she is getting baptized on November 17???" haha. we acted surprised (like we weren't the ones that invited her) and loved it! so funny. Her son is so excited because he has received the Aaronic priesthood and Lupita asked him to baptize her. We are looking forward to it.
 
Well it's been a great week. Actually it just went by so fast. I don't even know what else to write about because I can't remember what happened! But I'm doing so well. Things are going by fast. Transfers are this week... but I'm not thinking anything will change because we are in the middle of training... but who knows. President has been known to do some crazy things!
 
I love you all! Have a great week!!
Love
Hermana Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment