Sunday, June 10, 2012

Week #20

Hello,


Soooo, this week has been the week of changes. And I have the most insane story! I hope I can do it justice and that everyone can understand! haha. So the members that the Mesa Grande Sisters were living with, opted not to have sisters anymore. So me and my companion moved in with different members. So we both moved in on Wednesday. The family that we moved in with was on vacation when we got there. So we were sitting eating lunch at the kitchen table and I was looking at all the family pictures on the wall. They looked kind of familiar but I could not quite figure out where from. Then they had a big picture of the US with arrows, and tons of pictures of missionaries. And as I was looking at the pictures I recognized some of the missionaries. Some of them were in the MTC at the same time as me. There were pictures of Steven Cummock. I was just super confused. I was like who is this family! They know people that I know! So we went about doing our thing, and the next day when the family came home, I realized how I knew them. During Easter Pageant they had come into the visitors' center and we had discovered that their daughter was serving in the Texas Houston East mission. I had taken a picture with their 10 year old daughter, and Sister Jackson, the mom had texted the picture to my mom! It was so insane. I couldn't believe that that was the family that I am now living with!! They have 3 children on missions. One of which is in Mississippi and served with Steven Cummock. So funny. Well then last night we were all in the kitchen talking and Brother Jackson was writing all the kids on his computer. I asked how their daughter in Houston was doing. And we talked a little and then I asked which area she was in and he said that last week she was just transferred to the Humble Ward. I was like whattt?!? hahah. So now Sister Jackson is serving in my parents' ward, and I'm living in her house! Small world right? haha. I'm loving it though. They are a really sweet family. They have three daughters still at home, so it's been fun.

Besides all of that I've just been getting settled into a new area. I'm in the Mesa Grande Branch. I just came from the Liahona 4th Ward which is a really big ward. And the Mesa Grande Branch is tiny. Tiny. Tiny. There were 47 people in sacrament meeting yesterday, and 12 people in relief society (including us). But we have some really awesome people that we are teaching. Two families that have baptism dates for this month. In both families there are teenage age children that are not open and just not interested. So we have been working really hard at trying to find ways that we can help them to have a desire to learn more about their Heavenly Father. It would be so awesome to be able to have the entire family baptized together, but the parents have told us that they would like to go on without the teenagers if they aren't ready. Which I think is a good idea, because then, hopefully, the children will be able to see the difference in their family and want it for themselves. We'll see though. 

I'm learning so much from Sister Falcon, not only in the language, but in teaching as well. She loves these investigators so much. And she's awesome at being extremely focused and using our time effectively. Which is really good for me to have that experience. We work really hard, and every night when we get home we are completely exhausted. I think that might have something to do with how hot is it getting! But we've decided that it's also a sign that we are working hard. Which I love. Sister Falcon is from Mexico City and was assigned to be Spanish speaking here, but also had to learn English because she is assigned to work in the Visitors' Center. So it's been a good experience to help her improve her English, and she helps me with Spanish. I would still not say that I am fluent. But I am progressing each day. And I feel like in the past week I've progressed so much with Sister Falcon. I may only have one transfer with her, so I'm trying to take advantage of the time I do have!

I love you all!!

Love,
Holly



No comments:

Post a Comment