HEY FAMILY & FRIENDS!


This has been an awesome week! That's probably because we started it off so awesome! Last Tuesday we went to the temple and did two session in a row! I had never done that before. It was three zones that went, and President and Sister Ellsworth too! So that was super cool to be in the temple with that many missionaries and President. And then to do two sessions on top of it was awesome! One of the Elders that was there was an ASL Elder and is actually deaf... so they had the sign language going at the same time. Which again was something that I had never seen before. It was a little bit distracting.. but also really cool at the same time. Afterwards we went to a church building across the street from the temple, had a delicious lunch, and then a meeting where president talked to us all. And there was something that he said that super stuck out to me and I loved. He said that we all have a plan for a future. Things that we expect will happen and what we want to have happen. He said that he is certain that this future that we have planned is better than the one that Satan has planned. Better than Satan wants us to have. (I had never thought about Satan having a plan for us... but he does!) BUT. He is also certain that the plan we have for ourselves is no where near as good as the plan that God has for our future. So are we willing to give up the future that we have planned, the things that we expect and want to have happen... for something better?   It's scary because we don't know what it is... but  God has a lot in store for us. But we have to give up our will to him. So that he can give us that super awesome future! I have thought a lot about what he said. And it's so awesome to realize that we can have better than we even imagine for ourselves!


It's been a good and bad week with our investigators. We only found one new investigator, but he is awesome. His name is Jorge--we found him sitting outside of his apartment; smoking. But he talked to us about how he wants to stop, and wants to have God in his life more. We had a really awesome lesson with him. He lives by himself, but has a 5 year-old daughter in the area. He did come to church, but not until the very end of Sacrament meeting. And he never came in because he had texted us and we didn't answer because our phone was on silent :[   So we were super bummed that he wasn't able to go to the rest of church and meet any of the members, but I'm pretty positive that he will come next week.


The Vega Family is still progressing a lot. I feel like they are the closest to being ready for their date of July 7th. I really hope that they are praying together as a family. I know that they are reading, and coming to church. I just feel really good about them and are really excited for them to continue and to find the happiness this gospel has to offer them!


We had a lesson with the Baez Family on Saturday night. I know that teaching families is what we want and that if an entire family is in on this together it's most likely to stick... but it is tough stuff! Because there are so many of them and so many different concerns and it is really hard to teach them together. There are two teenagers, 14 and 15 that are nice to us for the most part, but we know they don't have testimonies. And I don't want them to get baptized because they feel like their parents are forcing them to! Every time we would ask them a question their parents would give them this look of--you better answer them... and give them the answer they want to hear! So it was tough. So we are really going to try to have a lesson with each of them alone this week. It's hard though because we can't go in the house when the parents aren't there, and it's blazing hot outside. So we are trying to come up with some alternative options!


I'm loving working with these people. We haven't been having a ton of success in finding, but the people that we have, and the people that we find, they are so good. While I was in the Visitors' Center I got on the computer and realized that I had a new voice mail. It was from Geoff.... I don't know if you all remember him, but he is the one that had driven three hours to come to the Visitors' Center to learn about the Mormons. We had had a super awesome lesson and I have been teaching him here and there on the phone. Well, he had called to invite me to his baptism! I wasn't able to go because it was so far away, but he was baptized this past Saturday! I am so excited for him. It's so awesome to be able to keep in contact with the people that come to the Visitors' Center!


Well it's been a good week and I wish that I had the time to tell you about everything that has happened... but I need to get going because I have to go to the eye doctor! Woo hoo! haha. Love you all so much!!


Love,
Hermana Larson