Family,
I hope that everyone is doing so well. I heard that Chad and Amy were in Provo! And got to go to a football came with Julie and Ryan?? That is so exciting! I want to see the pictures that were taken :]
This week has been... really interesting/weird for me. Well Sister Sordes was called to be a trainer in the Visitors' Center. (Just like S. McKee and S. Falcon). Like an AP in the VC--there are two of them. I thought that I was going to have ONE companion where she wouldn't be at trainer and wouldn't know transfer news beforehand and not be able to tell me... but apparently not! But I am so excited for her because she is going to be such an incredible trainer. I was still hoping that we would stay together another transfer! She found out transfer news on Wednesday but of course she couldn't tell me! But from the way she was talking I had a feeling that we wouldn't stay together :[ But as I thought about it I honestly had no idea what would happen. I felt like maybe I was ready to take a little bit more responsibility (maybe greenie break or something). Then during the week we got a call from the assistants. They told us that they were going to split our branch (mesa grande). Well not the branch itself but that we would then have two sets of missionaries. They just wanted our opinion on boundaries. So that got me thinking! Saturday night is when we always recieve transfer news. Well we were on shift at the visitors' center. I checked the phone looking for a text from an investigator to see we had a missed call from President. That's always a little scary to get transfer news from President. He told us that they are splitting mesa grande. We will both be staying.... but that both Sister Sordes and I had been called by the Lord to be trainers. My stomach did somersaults audibly. And I just started to cry. I didn't even know what to think. I'm still completely overwhelmed. I've never been a senior companion before. And I don't know how to train a new missionary! I still struggle with the language! Then I found out that the sister I will be training is from Spain! So that made me feel a little better. Then I found out that she is not a visitors' center missionary. So I will be full-field for two transfers. Saturday night and Sunday were hard for me as everyone asked me "are you so excited to train!?!?" and I didn't know what to say. I've never been full-field before so that terrifies me! THEN. I found out that we will be on bicycles! I've never been on bikes before either. So pretty much I'm doing everything new at the same time. I'm still terrified. I still don't know how I'm going to do it. But I'm excited now (I wasn't two days ago...). I just hope she likes me. I hope she is happy. I want to help her become an incredible missionary. I feel like yesterday I was just trained; but maybe that will be able to help me in knowing what I can do differently, or the same as my trainer. I know that these transfers are going to be really hard for me. But I know that I will grow so much and I will learn a lot. I scared of so many things--not being able to meet our investigators down, not teaching her everything she needs to know, offending her, scaring her, and a lot more. But I am just trusting in God that if I try my best he'll make up for all the stuff I don't know.
Her name is Hermana Sanchez. And because she is not a VC sister I really don't know very much about her. But I'm excited that Sister Sordes will also be training... and that all four of us will be living in the same house! This morning for exercise Sister Sordes and I road bikes around, and that helped me a lot to gain some confidence in that aspect (I was so scared of getting hit by a car haha). I still feel like I have a blank future, because I feel a little bit in denial, or like I have no idea what is going to happen. But I know things will work out.
This week with Sister Sordes has been so good. We continue to learn so much from each other and I'm so glad that being in the same branch as her will allow me to continue learning from her example. We have an investigator Lupita that is progressing so well! She's so incredible and her 22 year old son was baptized on Saturday! It was an incredible baptism to be at. The second that he came out of the water he just shouted "Finally!" It was pretty cute.
We met a family of 6 this week! They are really nice and we can tell that they have had a lot of contact with the church in the past. They are very catholic (two of their kids are in their first Communion right now...) but they allowed us to come in and have a prayer and we were able to talk to them for quite a while. I hope they will open their hearts and allow the spirit to touch them!
There are so many other things that happened this week. But that's the biggest thing for now... I'm training. And I have so many things I want to do today to get ready for her! So I hope everyone has a great week. I love you all.
Love,
Sister Larson