How is everyone doing? I can hardly believe that it is October 15! Halloween is coming up pretty soon! Which is fun... but for me it mostly means that the weather is really cooling down! Which I am totally grateful for. It's been a good week to be on bikes. During the day I still get sweaty and gross... but the evenings are the best. And there are a lot more people in the streets in the evenings which makes it easier to talk to the people.
 
We're really getting ready for the Christmas lights at the Temple! Even though I am a "full-field" sister while I am training Sister Sanchez... we will both work in the Visitors' Center during the season (assuming we stay together the full 12 weeks). We generally have preparation meetings for the VC sisters every other week, but in preparation we are starting to have them every week. Which is making it better for me to be able to go every week and see all the sisters! I miss them not being in the Visitors' Center.
 
This week has been tough as far as the work goes. On saturday we had 6 appointments planned... we were ready and had members for all of them... and then all 6 either cancelled... or weren't home when we went. And it was pretty much the same story yesterday. So it's been discouraging in that aspect. I have been trying to figure out what I am doing wrong, and improving will still keeping the faith and excitement about the work. We have a lot of investigators that are just not progressing and not following through with their commitments. So this week we are really going to focus on helping our investigators know our purpose as investigators--we're not just there to talk to them about God if they happen to be home when we come by. We are here to help them change their life and make covenants with God. So hopefully this week we'll be able to really find out who is prepared and ready... and who needs more time :]
 
I love you all and hope that everything is going well. Have a great week!!
 
Love
Holly