Sunday, February 10, 2013

Post #48 - Weeks are not syncing!


Merry Christmas!
So fun that everyone should be in Utah! I hope you have a great Christmas and I am looking forward to talking to you all tomorrow.

I love being back in Liahona 4th. I LOVE being Sister Valladeres' companion. We have fun together. We work hard.
We talk to everyone. We have so many things to improve. But I'm loving it. She's so sweet and such a good companion.
I hope that I can help her to become even better than she already is.

Sister Sanchez is doing so great! I miss her but it's been fun to see her in the VC every once and while and things in the area seem to be going really well. She told me that they have found a new family that they are teaching to that was excited to hear.

We don't have a ton of people were are working with right now, but there is SO much work here. So much. Everyone we talk to speaks Spanish and I just know God is preparing so many people for us. I am so thrilled to be going full-field once the new year hits. (my address is 1650 E. Fountain St. Mesa, AZ 85203). I know this will be such an incredible transfer. So many people will talk to us and there are so many people! But we are going to focus on finding the elect. And those that will keep commitments (like coming to church). I think that's the biggest factor right now. Getting investigators to church. That's the only way they'll progress towards baptism!!

This past week Kelsey Farr (one of my roommates from BYU) came in the VC! She's from Tucson and they came up to see the lights. So it was super fun to see a familiar face :]

In sacrament meeting yesterday the missionaries were asked to do the program.... interesting. But it went really well. There is a set of Elders and us. We performed 3 musical numbers and I got to play the violin in 2 of them. Sister Valladeres has a BEAUTIFUL voice. So beautiful. We did santa la noche (o holy night) with her singing, me on the violin and Sister Beckstrand at the piano. It was so beautiful. And then we each spoke just a little. One of the other elders just got here this past week and is from Mexico City. He's a convert of one year. And got to baptize his mom the week before going into the MTC. It been cool to get to know him and his story a little bit.

I'm doing really well. Weird to be away for the holidays and everything. But things are good. Hope everything goes well for the holidays and the wedding and everything.

Love you all,
Sister Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment