Sunday, February 10, 2013

Week #47


December 17 

Well I guess I'll start off with the big transfer news! It completely caught me off guard... My district leader called me on Saturday night and said, "Sister Larson--you are leaving. And you'll be going to the Maricopa Zone." And when I heard that I was like, "what??... what other Spanish wards are in the Maricopa Zone besides Liahona 4th? I've already served there..." Then he said, "and you will be serving in Liahona 4th." WHAT?! haha. That is where I was trained! I'm going back! And I'll be serving with Sister Valladeres from Honduras. She just finished being trained by Sister Cottrell (my MTC companion) and will be starting her third transfer! But she's so sweet. And I'm super excited. This will be my 3rd native speaker as a companion--I feel so blessed. And this transfer is a 7-week transfer. AND we will be in the visitors' center until January 1st... and then we will be full-field! I feel like I have been full-field a lot... but I'm loving it. And especially in this area that I'm going to. It hasn't been a full-field area since last march. So there is a lot of work to do. Oh and so to explain it better.... I was trained in that ward (with sister mckee) but not in the same area. I served in the north half of the ward... and now with Sister Valladeres we will be in the south. So I'm excited because it'll still be different... but I still will be in the same ward with all the same members and everything. And it'll be fun to go back and be able to speak to the members in Spanish :] Anyways I was totally surprised... but I feel like a lot of sisters are saying that this week because there were a LOT of changes. Only two companionships are staying the same in the VC. Sister Cottrell is also going back to her greenie area--so crazy. I've never heard of that happening, and now it's happening to two of us. But it's incredible how the spirit can confirm things to us and tell us what is right. I am excited to go back to Liahona 4th. I'm not sure what it is... but there something I still need to do there. I'm thrilled to be serving with Sister Valladeres--she is so sweet and such a hard worker. AND I'm excited to be full-field. There is soo much work in Liahona 4th. So we have a lot to do.

I have loved serving in Mesa Grande. I'm like about to start crying just writing that I'm leaving. The branch is so tiny. But there is so much unity. And love in the branch. I love all of them so much. And I've seen so many miracles in my time there. I've been there so long that I feel like it is my home. And I feel like that is where I found out who I was as a missionary. That's where I learned how to speak Spanish. But I know that change will be good for me. Good to get me out of my comfort zone again and to be continually changing and progressing. At church yesterday during gospel principles our ward mission leader asked me to bear my testimony. And it was such a special opportunity for me because all of my converts were there. And after I bore my testimony and thanked them for the opportunities and everything they each came and talked to me and thanked me. It was really special. I can't even describe it. But the spirit was so strong and it was really special.
Sister Sanchez is so incredible. She'll be staying in the area... and a sister that is waiting for her visa to go to SPAIN will be coming to her. The sister has only been out for 5 weeks. So it'll be a growing experience for her :] She's scared to be senior companion, take over the area and to have a companion that doesn't know the language. But she is ready. And she has faith that the Lord will help her in the things that she doesn't know. I've learned so much while being her companion. I've learned how to love, how to have patience, how to take the lead. So many things. I'm so grateful for the experiences I've had in this area. Change is always scary... but I'm excited and going forth with faith :]

Last night at the visitors' center I met a returned missionary that served in THE mission! He was like what's your name and as soon as I said Sister Larson he was like, "I KNOW YOUR MOM." haha. So funny. His last name was Pratt. It's always fun to meet people that have some connections!

Saturday night we had our Branch Christmas party! It was a blast! The Spanish Branches really know how to party :] There was a Christmas program, lots of musical numbers, lots of food, Santa clause, piñatas, and lots of music and dancing (we were observers... haha). A less-active family came that lives in our area that asked us if we could come and teach their son because he wants to get baptized. So that was fun to get to know them and hopefully Sister Sanchez and Daly will have success in reactivating the family through this opportunity!

This past week was SUPER rainy and dreary and cold. Which is awesome being on a bike... We showed up to the Christmas party COMPLETELY soaked. Like I took my leggings off that I wear under my skirts and was able to ring them out. It was crazy. But it's been an adventure. Luckily a super sweet member of our ward bought all four of us a pair of boots and so I've had those to keep my feet dry. It was such a blessing.

Well I hope all is going well in Texas and Colorado and Missouri and Utah! And that everyone travels safe this week to Utah. I love you all. Merry Christmas! I guess I'll get to talk to you all next week! I don't know if I'll get to email next Monday because it is Christmas Eve and I'm not sure what libraries will be open. But we shall see. It'll all work out.

Love you all!

Love, Sister Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment