Sunday, February 10, 2013

Post #51


January 21, 2013

Hope that everything is going well!! this is going to be a little bit on the shorter side because I don't have a ton of time today!!

this has been such a great week. We got to go to the temple earlier than usual because the temple will be closing for two weeks for cleaning and maitenence and all of that! it was so wonderful to be inside of the temple! such a beautiful place to feel the spirit!

I spoke in sacrament meeting yesterday. this ward is interesting... they have the missionaries speak ALLL the time. but they aren't super missionary oriented. We're working on helping them out and really moving the work along here. I've really come to realize that the members are so important. SO important. They are how you find the people that are prepared... because they have had that contact. They are how you help your investigators feel welcome in the church... and have a desire to return. They are just so vital. And it is their duty. There are so many quotes from prophets about the duties of members to share the gospel. But most people don't get it. They think that we are just asking for help in our work--this is their work too. This is their duty, and because a lot of people don't know how to do it we are helping them :] I just hope to help people here. And I hope each of you are sharing the gospel with the people around you the best you can. And are always kind to investigators in church. And I hope that I can really be a good member missionary when the time comes for me to go home.

We were able to set a super sold baptismal date with Morena this week! She's super ready and super excited. She's getting baptized Feb 2nd at 7 pm :] She stood up in relief society and announced it. So cute. She came to a mission president's fireside we had last night that was so awesome. the spirit was so strong. Sister Valladares sang a version of "savior redeemer of my soul" in Spanish that was soo good. She has an awesome voice.

We were able to find a lot of new investigators this week--that are pretty solid. Like you can tell they are interested and want to make changes in their lives. It's really exciting and we feel really blessed. I just hope that we can help them to progress this upcoming week.

It's interesting being in award ward where I have served before... because some of my converts are there. Emanuel is in this ward and it's great to be able to see him again. He's having a hard time right now. He wants to do what is right but it is hard for him. He actually wants to go on a mission but just has a short little frame because he hits one year in march, but then turns 26 in july. The bishop told him that he needs to work things out financially because the ward can't support him :/ But he doesn't have papers... has no family in the united states. He doesn't know what to do. So we are working with him for him to just prepare himself spiritually. But I trust that if he does his part, the lord with work it out.

Well I need to get going. But I hope you are all doing so well :]

Love
Holly 

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking for a Spanish version of Savior Redeemer of My Soul. My email is:

    barrymoses@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete