Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Post #56


Hard to believe that this Friday is MARCH! So insane. You would think that it almost being spring break, here in Arizona it would start heating up... but no. IT SNOWED THIS WEEK. Well barely. But it happened. It was fun to see all the houses with white roofs. I never thought I would come to Mesa and see snow. But it made for an interesting night as we had to return to the apartment and bundle up. The weather here changes SO quickly. So by like the next day during the day it was a little hot.

This past Saturday Omar got baptized! I thought that I wasn't going to be able to go to the baptism because I was working in the Visitors' Center and we were the only Spanish sisters on shift. But then I talked to some other sisters that were just here for a lesson and said that they were going there afterwards with an investigator. And so we got permission for me to go on exchanges with one of them... while the other stayed in the VC. I don't know if that makes sense... but pretty much it was a miracle I got to go. Because it was just like ten minutes before we figured all of this out. So Sister Valladares and Omar didn't think that I was going to be able to make it. But then I showed up right as they were starting. It was awesome. He was so prepared and ready.

So as  all of you already know... they are opening 58 new missions throughout the world. Super necessary. Mission Presidents just can't keep up with that many missionaries. We have about 220 right now... with more on the way. This transfer coming we have 17 new sisters coming. Just sisters. It's insane. The entire world will be training. Only 4 of the 17 are Spanish sisters... so I doubt I'll train again. But I have no idea where he is going to find 13 English trainers. (we have like 8 that are training still from the last transfer). And he is going to have to open a lot of new areas. We have three transfers before the split happens... and I suspect that they will all be insane. Just preparing for it. Here in the Valley they are opening two new missions--Gilbert as well. So there will be a Tempe, Gilbert, Phoenix, Mesa and Scottsdale mission. Look it up on a map.. they are each like 10 minutes from each other. So I don't think they'll just split our mission--I suspect they'll redraw new boundaries for all of them. It's madness... but exciting times. I'm sad that I'll go home before all the splits.

We've been seeing a lot of miracles this week. It's incredible. I know this is the Lord's work. His church has been restored and He wants everyone to know it. To prepare myself spiritually and be able to testify of the Savior during the Easter Pageant this year I'm reading the New Testament in Spanish. Right now I'm in John 13. I'm learning so much and my testimony of the Savior grows each day. There's a month before Easter; I invite each of you to read one of the four gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke or John) before then. Or all four if you are feeling ambitious :] I know as each of you do it your faith in Jesus Christ will be strengthened and the meaning of Easter will be clearer to each of you. 

I love each of you so much. This week Julie sent me a package with pictures from the wedding! It was so awesome to finally get to see pictures from it! I loved seeing the pictures of all of you. The grandkids have all grown up so much. They aren't going to know who I am :] It made me realize how much I missed all of you. Here in the Visitors' Center there are a lot of 19-21 aged girls that come in asking what it is like to be a missionary. And I get to testify so often about the changes it has made in my life. I can't imagine my life any other way. It hasn't been easy. But I'm grateful for every moment of it.

Love you all,

Sister Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment