Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Post #61


Hello!!!

This week has been great. Especially this past weekend :]  I loved conference so much. It lifts me spiritually and strengthens my testimony so much. There were so many scriptures that I had just read, and just been pondering when they were used in conference. One in particular was Helaman 5:12,

"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the arock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your bfoundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty cstorm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."

I had read that in my personal study this week and was thinking about its promise. If we really have Jesus Christ as our foundation, we will never fall. I really did a self-analysis. Is Jesus Christ my foundation? Is there a possibility that I might fall? Because if there is... my foundation is completely centered on Him, and there are some things we need to do to strengthen that foundation! I invite each of you to do that same self-analysis.

Of course there were many many talks that I loved and that meant so much to me. I could write all day but I'll just mention a couple. I loved Sister Dalton's talk! The world needs virtue! And it starts with parents living virtuous lives and giving that example. So much filth in the media today. We cannot have that in our homes. I go into so many homes where the television is always on. Parents expose their young, innocent children to immorality and filth as something glamorous and desirable. Return to virtue :] It goes right along with Elder Bednar's talk on the law of chastity.

I also loved Elder Perry's talk on obedience. There was something different about the way he spoke in this conference, so bold and with so much power. He means business. And of course, Elder Holland's on faith. I loved how he invited us to lean on his faith we were are in lack.

With the combination of meetings, conference and our VC schedule we had very little time in our area, but the Lord blessed us to really help us use that time effectively.

We had a miracle on Sunday morning! We had three investigators committed to come to conference. We are so excited about the new investigators that we have found. We are having a lot of success by working with less-active members--they generally have family/friends that are not members; This is how we have found most of our new investigators. The Sunday Morning Session began and none of them showed up :[ We were pretty bummed and I remember just praying about what we need to do different. I know that people have their free agency... but I want to do everything that lies in my power to help them progress. We got up about 40 minutes through the conference and saw Sister Tolman in the hallway that had told us earlier in the week that she was going to visit one of our investigators, Lupita, on Saturday at the hospital (to visit her 2 week old baby that was born 4 months early). We asked her if she had been able to visit Lupita and the baby. She had, and had done se with her husband (a counselor in the bishopric) and were able to meet Oscar, Lupita's husband! We haven't even gotten to meet him yet because they've been so busy with the baby. They all got along so great, and they even invited Lupita to come to general conference--and she came!! We didn't even have the opportunity to commit her to it and she came! It was such a blessing. I know that even thought we didn't plan on her coming, the Lord did; because every single one of the talks on Sunday morning were perfect for her. Exactly what she needed to hear in this time! We are so blessed to have such great members! And we love Lupita!

We found two new investigators on Sunday night by passing by the house of 2 less active members that we had never met before. We found Marcos (15 years old) and Janet (17 years old). The two of them live with their older sister that is around 22 years old, her husband, and the husband's kids. Their mom lives in Mexico, and their dad in Chandler. These kids are so precious to Heavenly Father and I know he wants us to help them. They practically have no adult supervision. And both of them have a lot of anger and sadness towards the things that have happened in their lives. They were so open with us telling us how unhappy they are in life. I love them already and want to help them. The situation is so hard, but I know the gospel of Jesus Christ will bless their lives!

This morning we woke up at 4:45am to go hiking!! We hadn't done it in a long time but the weather is getting to be perfect for it. It was an activity that we did with the whole zone. It was a hiked called "flatiron" that I did my second transfer with Sister McKee. But it had been over a year and I forgot how hard of a hike it is! It's super intense and a little scary. Not to mention that I've gotten out of shape in the past year haha. Sister Aquino and Sister Weber (Sister Cottrell's companion) don't like exercising and don't really like the outdoors... but they came and we all survived. Barely. haha. I'll send a couple pictures from the hike!

It's been a busy week--but I like it that way!!
I love having prophets on the earth that lead us and guide us in righteousness.
May we build our foundation on Jesus Christ and never fall.

I love you all!!
Love,
Sister Larson



No comments:

Post a Comment