Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Post #60


I braced myself reading my emails today... thinking that lots would try and pull April Fool's Day jokes on me. The only one I got was from Jake... telling me that he wants to postpone the wedding. haha. I didn't believe it :]

This week has been fabulous having the Easter Pageant! We love it so much. We're exhausted. But we love it and all the miracles that come along with it! I wish I had all the time in the world to be able to share the many miracles we saw.

This week we were really pushed for time in our area. But the Lord blessed us. We really focused on finding new investigators. We set a goal of finding 6 and again last night with half an hour to spare the Lord led us to a family and we completed our goals. I know this is the Lord's word and I love being a part of it. We are still working with Deysi (a less active from El Salvador) and her husband! She was baptized when she was 8 but has been inactive since she came to El Salvador. They are such a wonderful family and I can just imagine them active members of the church and sealed in the temple! We are also working with Deysi's best friend, Lupita! They all live right next to each other and we love working with them. Lupita was 5 months pregnant... and had her baby this week. We have been praying so hard and fasting that the baby will be okay. I think everything will be fine. It's so interesting to me. Having these experiences in my mission I really have been able to see how the Lord prepares people, and that everything happens for a reason. This has been such a hard trial for Lupita, but it is humbling her and helping her realize that she needs God in her life. And she is not going to be working so much (she was working 2 jobs) so she's going to actually have time to do the things that she needs to, to know that this message we share is true. Everything happens for a reason. As we realize that we are happier through our trials.

Our Easter was so wonderful. There are so many incredible members that help us and help us to feel at home during holidays. We ate breakfast with the family that lives in the house right in front of us. A super sweet member, Sister Rachel Tyler made us dinner. We were in the visitors' center from 4-7pm. So we didn't really have dinner. But she made a plate for us!

Another Easter surprise was that we were locked out of our house! haha. There were some sisters that had asked to study in the house (because we live RIGHT by the temple and VC) before the VC opened. And we only lock the actual door... not the screen door. Well it's like bigger than a little screen door. Anyways. They locked both from the inside and we couldn't get in. But we have an awesomeee vehicle coordinator that helps us with everything and came down from Scottsdale to break us in :]

Wow this week has been so long. I almost forgot about the super awesome training that we had by Steven B. Allen from the Missionary Department. It was super cool and he talked a lot about the vision that the department and the prophet/apostles have for missionary work. He talked about how all missionaries soon will be using the internet as a proselyting tool. It's so useful. I love having that as part of my call. Speaking of which... Robert is doing so awesome. He has progressed so much in just the past 3 weeks. He's ready to tell his family of his faith in Jesus Christ to be able to start practicing what he believes.

I was also able to talk to Haley this week on the phone!! (does anyone remember her?? I taught her with Sister Valladares when she was in the hospital!) She went to a rehab center in Chandler and is now living in a half-way house kind of thing. But I loved talking to her again. It was like talking to a best friend after so long. I know that God has just given me so much love for her.

There is so much more that has happened... but I'm out of time. One day you will all hear it all :]

Love you so much.
Happy Easter
Have a great week :]

No comments:

Post a Comment